Open a WeChat Official Account
Open an official account and mini-app to sell and market on WeChat.
WeChat is Everything
Perhaps no other app or online medium is anywhere near as important as WeChat in the everyday Chinese user’s life. WeChat is effectively the Chinese version of WhatsApp, Instagram, Paypal, and more. As of 2021, WeChat has 1.242 billion monthly active users, over 90% of Chinese people use WeChat and virtually 100% of Chinese people living in cities use WeChat.
Some of the most common functions include: 1 on 1 chats, group chats, video chats and voice calls, browsing contacts’ moments (photos, videos and shared links), online & offline payments, mobile top-ups, utility bills, rent, Didi (Chinese Uber ride), food and grocery delivery, and perhaps the most important to B2C brands, the mini-programs (aka mini-app).
Our WeChat Service Account Service
For companies providing services in or from China.
A consulting WFOE is the most simple foreign-owned legal entity to set up. No additional licenses or certificates are needed.
For companies importing into or exporting out of China.
Trading WFOEs are essentially consulting WFOEs armed with an import/export license and other licenses for specialty products. Trading companies can take advantage of Free Trade zones in Shanghai & Guangdong.
Our Working Process
Consultation & Proposal
We (can) advise you on the best solution for your business model and send you our comprehensive proposal.
Signing & Payment
After reviewing the proposal, we sign the service contract and receive your payment.
We send you an application form as well as the list of documents we need from your side.
Take a Break
Sit back, relax and let us take care of everything from here on out.
WeChat Service Account
The service accounts (also called official account) is your business hub on WeChat. WeChat official accounts enable the following functions:
- E-commerce (WeChat Stores & WeChat Pay)
- Customer service
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Geo-location services
- Launching Ad campaigns on WeChat
- 4 publishing times per month (1-6 articles at once) with push notifications to users
- WeChat mini-programs
- URL shortening & Multiple QR codes per account
WeChat Mini Application
Mini program (aka mini apps) are sub-applications within WeChat that offer additional specific functions and value propositions such as goods or services. In other words, these mini apps are WeChat-integrated versions of the original app store applications in question. For example, Tmall and JD both have a WeChat mini app that is essentially their online shopping platform served onto the WeChat ecosystem. Every brand that is serious about doing B2C in China has a WeChat account and mini app.
Required Documents & Procedure
To open a WeChat official account you will need a Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE) in China and you will need to provide:
- Chinese business license
- Organization certificate
- Company’s Chinese landline phone number (may receive a verification call from Tencent)
- Email address for registration
- A Chinese account operator (with a WeChat account)
- Chinese account operator’s Chinese ID number
- Chinese account operator’s cell phone number
- Name of the WeChat official account
- Brief account description
- Official account profile picture
- Chinese corporate bank account tied to the WFOE
- Use a 3rd party provider to create your Mini-app or code it yourself
436 Hengfeng Road, Greentech Tower Suite 2703, Shanghai 200070, China.
+86 21 5211 0026