Why use an employer of record?
There are several situations where we see foreign companies looking to use an employer of record in China. These include:
- Companies needing local staff to handle on the ground operations, client meetings or supplier management. But the workload or company strategy does not lend itself to the setup of a representative office or a WFOE.
- Those new to the China market who wish to hire local staff to carry out early market research or exploration.
- Companies with an overseas based contractor that they want to base in China
- Companies which intend to open a China presence (rep office or WFOE often) but want to hire staff in the interim period whilst this is setup.
An easy route to the Chinese market
Of course, there is no need to have, or to open, a company presence in China in order to hire staff. Companies are legally allowed to use an authorised employer of record, such as FDI China, to handle staffing. We have many years’ experience assisting companies of all sizes recruit and hire local and foreign staff.
Hiring is easy, fast and flexible:
- We can hire both local and expatriate staff members.
- There is no limit on how many staff we can hire on your behalf.
- Staff can work from any location in China, or even be home-based. We can assist with providing a working office location if required.
- FDI China ensures that all employment is fully in line with current Chinese requirements and law.
- We maintain legal responsibility for staff.
- For domestic staff the hiring process can be as fast as a few days. Foreign staff will take longer as visa applications are necessary.
Full employer of record services
Our employer of record service is just a one-step hiring service. We take care of all required administration, paperwork, and payments etc. which are needed. We can manage the employment, organise necessary visas, and deal with payroll, tax and social security payments on your behalf. We will even deal with employee expenses and other costs.
All payment and payroll details will be recorded and shared securely with you. A stress free hiring and HR process!
And at the end of the contract, we will assist with the issue of a new contract or with termination. Of course if things don’t work out you need to end the contract early, we can deal with that too.
Whether you know you need to on-board staff straight away, or you are just considering your first steps to get on the ground on China, we would be happy to talk to you. Get in touch and arrange a discussion about our employer of record services.